True leaders harness these 5 components of emotional intelligence
What makes a leader, a leader?
Ask ten different people and you’ll get ten different answers. Here’s one list of potent leadership traits I borrowed from Harvard Business Review that makes a lot of sense to me. It lists five emotional intelligence traits effective leaders must possess.
1. Self-awareness — which can look like self-confidence, to a degree, but includes a realistic self-assessment and, often, a self-deprecating sense of humor
2. Self-regulation — the ability to control disruptive impulses and moods
3. Motivation — a passion for one’s work that goes beyond seeking money or status
4. Empathy — being able to tap into understanding the emotions and experiences of people you work with
5. Social skills — the ability to manage relationships and build networks
As a recruiter for 23 years, I’ve seen a lot of people rise in the ranks of leadership, and I can testify that these qualities are certainly inherent in anyone who successfully leads.
Personalberatung / Recruiting / Strategie